Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Simple Answers

I've been through a ton of mental and physical trials this year that I can't even begin to explain. Of course, it's probably nothing compared to others, but it's the place that the Lord has me. Needless to say, God has graciously allowed to me to begin healing immensely over the last couple months. But this week I started to notice a relapse of a few things that I thought were gone for good. So I just asked my Mom if she noticed I was getting better. Here is a brief recreation of the dialogue.

Mom: "Yes I noticed you were getting a lot better. It's really great. But some of your old struggles are starting to creep back into your life."

Me: "Why do you think that is?"

Mom: "Because you are not spending time with the Lord."

That's it. That's all I needed to hear. She didn't sugar-coat it. She didn't beat around the bush. She just told me straight-up, no strings. So help someone else: When they ask you important questions like the one I asked my mother, give the inquirer a straight-up answer. Show your love by telling them the truth. And help yourself: when you ask a question, ask for a straight, blunt answer. You get to the core problem a lot faster that way. And just to think, I didn't need an hour long conversation to figure out why I was struggling. Just an honest answer.

Currently Reading: "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn

Currently Listening: Rocks into Rivers- Seabird

Philosophical Thought of the Day: Live honestly.

1 comment:

Belovedmonsters said...

Yeah i found out with my OCD that the Lord allows it to get worse when I'm not spending time with Him so that I will turn to Him.

"He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all"

-David Crowder Band