Monday, June 6, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day for Chemotherapy

WHAT?? Who says that??? Well not many, but today...I DO! Well,Jesus says I'm supposed to. "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I'm at peace though many say that I shouldn't be. Before I had the chemo and after, I was at peace with what God had decided for my day. I smiled and joked throughout the therapy to show everybody around me that with God they can bring it on with a smile! My relationship with the Lord has grown exponentially since my hospital stay. It's amazing. As someone who struggles with Anxiety and Panic Disorder, I have never felt so much peace about anything in my life. Especially when the doctors are all telling me I will have to live the rest of my life with this disease, whatever is. They're not sure yet, but they will be more sure after a MRI scan. But they know for sure I have a demyelinating disease. My life is changed forever. But I am at peace. So world, met me the new Alex Skaberg.

The Elephant Business:



What I'm Listening to: In Christ Alone: Modern Hymns Of Worship- Matt Hammitt and Bethany Dillon




Currently Reading: Mad Libs

Philosophical Thought of the Day: "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:7

Best,
Alex (the new one)

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Sweet Alex!

Love the blog post - you are a courageous one my girl! You are giving glory to God - what a great thing. I hope today you weren't too sick - don't know when it hits.....but praying for you. Hope to see you soon.

Love,Tracy

Liro said...

Hey girl,
What a road you've traveled and with such grace. I truly admire you and your family. Your faith in God is inspiring. I love the past Alex and it sounds like the new Alex is even more amazing. I think I was just introduced to her in your blog. You are beautiful inside and out. You're in my prayers.
Love,
Lori Towles

Danielle Luker said...

Wow Alex, very encouraging! This is so great, I'm so glad the Lord is working in you this way. He does have great plans for you and I can already see why God may have you going through this is because of how you can bring glory to God the way you are already doing! Love you

Danielle Luker said...

oops I guess I have an account on my other gmail account so that is why my comment showed up different then it usually does on my BelovedMonsters one

Danielle Luker said...

Hey haven't seen you write a blog in a while, I keep checking it though! Hope that you are doing okay and hope that you post a blog soon!