Saturday, April 19, 2008

Good Morning Party Land

Yesterday had to be one of the most chaotic days of my week. I went to school, then left at 12:15 for lunch had to be back at 12:30 from a place that was already 15 minutes away. So I grabbed my Someburros, made like an elephant and got back to school as fast as I could without speeding. By the time I got there, they were about to leave. Mrs. Mahaffy told me to follow her to the hair academy. So we got on the freeway. I lost her almost instantly because she got in to HOV lane and was going fast. Two problems: I don't speed and I was only one person (so no HOV lane for me). By the time we got into Tempe, I got off on the wrong ramp and had no idea how I was going to get back. More problems. My lunch (which I only ate a little of, because driving with yours knees in a little precarious) then spills everywhere. Fortunately my burrito stayed but my chips and salsa didn't: there was salsa all over the passengers side and chips everywhere. Then I realized I don't have a cell phone and can't call anyone. So I thought that I could get to a pay phone; I didn't have enough money for a pay phone. I just spent the little money I had on a burrito and a small drink. By that time I was pretty overwhelmed and very lost. I let it all get to me and just started to cry. Then I just cried out to Jesus and asked for His protection and guidance and maybe help to find some way back to where I was supposed to be. About a mile after I said my prayer, I decided to get off on 50th street to see if I could find something. And there, right off the off ramp was a church. The River of Life church. God had answered my prayers. Just like that. How crazy amazing is that??? Long story longer, I got help from the church people, got to the hair academy, went home, drove to the performance, performed and went home. There's no other way to put it: God cares and He will guide us. He really showed some amazing grace to me yesterday.

My prayer for today:
Jesus, thank you for your help and your love. You have carried me through this tough week and showed me how to love in a way I didn't know I could. Please help me to acknowledge your amazing grace in my life. I love you so mcuh and pray that you would grow me and help me be the best that I can be in You. Amen

Lyrics for today:
Jesus you have carried me
When I could not stand
Jesus you have carried me
It's all been part of your plan

Jesus you have carried me
It's your footprints in the sand
Jesus you have carried me
It was always in your hands

-Jeremy Camp "Carried Me"

No comments: