Monday, May 5, 2008

First Bog of the Month of May!

California was simply amazing. It was nice to be away from home for awhile. But when it all comes down to it: there's no place like home. Which is where I need to focus this week. Jesus is the home for my heart, and if I go "on a vacation" I'm going to miss Him. Because that's where I really supposed to be. When we decide that the world is a suitable place for a home, that's where we are very wrong. I can't tell you how many times I've thought that I would be alright in the world hanging out. Oh was I wrong. Over there, sin starts eating away at your holiness and sincerity. This week, then, I need to focus on the true residence of my heart: Jesus Christ my Savior. And the amazing thing is that I am going to stray off into the world every now and then but Jesus will always take me back into His arms!

Prayer for Today:
Jesus, my sinful mind likes to do worldly things, but my heart desires to follow you. Please help me to keep my eyes on you at all times. You are my lighthouse on this dark and rocky sea, I love you. Thank you for you grace, even when I do fall and try to do things on my own. Your faithfulness overwhelms my soul. Help me to serve today. Amen

Lyrics for Today:

The reason why I stand
The answer lies in you
You hung to make me strong
Though my praise was few
When I fall I bring your name down
But I have found in you
A heart that bleeds Forgiveness
replacing all these thoughts of painful memories
And I know your response will always be

I'll take you back always
Even when your fight is over now
I'll take you back
Even when the pain is coming through
I'll take you back

I can only speak with a grateful heart
As I'm pierced by this gift of your love
I will always bring an offering
I can never thank you enough

You take me back always
Even when my fight is over now
You take me back
Even when the pain is coming through
You take me back

"Take You Back" -Jeremy Camp

No comments: